BARBARA’S BOOK

Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Wrestling with God: Stories of Doubt and Faith" book cover with photo of author Barbara Falconer Newhall

"Any seeker of any faith will be blessed to read the words of this fine author and observer."

Click to learn more about "Wrestling with God"

It’s Here! A Copy of “Wrestling with God” Has Arrived

Author Barbara Falconer Newhall joyfully shows off her copy of Wrestling with God with cover design by Michelle Lenger. Photo by Barbara Newhall

The very cool Wrestling with God cover design is by graphic artist Michelle Lenger of Michigan. Photo by Barbara Newhall

By Barbara Falconer Newhall

It arrived on Monday. There it was right outside the front door. A small brown package from my publisher. And inside — a copy of my book, Wrestling with God: Stories of Doubt and Faith.

A copy of Barbara Falconer Newhall's paperback book Wrestling with God arrives at her doorstep by UPS. Photo by Barbara Newhall

The package was waiting outside our front door. And if I weren’t so darned busy getting ready for the book’s release in a few weeks, I’d have swept up those camellia leaves and blossoms before I took this picture.

It was a proof copy, not quite ready for publication. But it was beautiful: Michelle Lenger’s striking cover design printed on lush matte paper. Inside, a pretty typeface on lovely, smooth paper. And on the back, words of praise from religion writer colleagues Jana Riess and Kay Campbell.

For two days the yogis and the Zumba ladies up at the gym were invited to hold the book, stroke the silky cover, flip through the pages, and wonder at the fact that Wrestling with God had finally made it into print.

You’ll be able to order your own copy (and I’m hoping you will) in a few weeks. It will be available on-line as an ebook and a paperback. You’ll also be able to order it through your favorite bookstore.

Comments

1. Tony Newhall says:

Congratulations! I saw this notice just now. I can’t believe this day has come, and I can’t wait to hold a copy of “Barbara’s book” in my hands. I shall watch your website to see when it is available.

2. Cindy Weyant says:

Barb, congratulations! I know how much work you put into writing this book, and I can’t wait to read it!!

3. Cheryl McLaughlin says:

Barbara! I am SO excited for you! And, just look at that cover! Yes, hold it, stroke it, and share it and the wise words and inquisitive mind and spirit of the person who wrote it. Just lovely.
    Cheryl

4. Congratulations, Barbara. I’m really looking forward to reading it!

5. Yay Auntie Barbara! I’m so proud of you and not surprised at all that this day finally came! I am super excited to order my own copy when I get home to the US in 3 months. This is amazing, congratulations!!!!

6. Dee Myers says:

Can’t wait to see it on Kindle.

7. shameless? never. you’re thrilled beyond belief. enjoy it!

8. Kay Campbell says:

Great cover — I’m so happy about this, Barbara. It’s a book as gracious as your own self, with a wise kind of inquiring spirit about it. I hope a LOT of people read it, because I’m pretty sure they’ll like it if they do!

9. Linda Spencer says:

Wonderful!! Can’t wait to buy a copy and read it. Congratulations!

10. Congratulations, Barbara! There are very few thrills bigger than having a book come out. The first time I saw the copyright page on the galleys of my first book, Time Windows, I burst into tears!

I look forward to reading your new ‘baby.’ Hooray!

11. can’t wait to read your book. congratulations!